Cook time minutes
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 small Onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of Garlic, minced
- A pinch of Hot Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- ½ cup of Vodka
- 1 28 oz can of Italian Crushed Tomatoes
- ½ cup of Heavy Cream
- Fresh Basil
- ¼ cup fresh grated Parmiggiano Reggiano
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 pound of uncooked Penne pasta
1) In a non stick pan over medium heat, sauté the onion in the olive oil for 5 to 6 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute, add the hot pepper flakes, oregano and stir to combine. Add the vodka and cook until it’s reduced by half.
2) Add the crushed tomatoes and reduce the heat to low, cook partially uncovered for 45 minutes, stirring frequently.
3) Meanwhile fill a large pot with water add in a generous sprinkle of salt and bring it to a boil.
4) After the 45 minutes season the sauce to taste and add the heavy cream. Turn the heat up to medium and let it cook uncovered for 8 to 9 minutes. This is the perfect time to add the pasta to the salted boiling water.
5) Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce, turn the heat off and add a few fresh basil leaves and the grated parmiggiano. Stir to combine and serve right away.