Cook time minutes
- ˝ cup of Cooked Ham, Chopped
- 1 cup of Halved Cherry Tomatoes
- 4 cups of Cremini Mushrooms, quartered
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp of Butter
- 8 oz of Pennette Pasta (small penne)
- A Few Fresh Basil Leaves
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Freshly Grated Parmiggiano Reggiano
1) Fill a large pot with water and sprinkle in some salt, bring to a boil.
2) In a large skillet with high sides, heat the olive oil over medium heat, add the ham and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until it browns a little. Remove to a plate with a slotted spoon and set aside.
3) At this point add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to package instructions. Drain and reserve ˝ cup of the starch cooking water.
4) In the same skillet, add the garlic, sauté for a couple minutes or until fragrant and lightly golden, add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper to taste and allow them to cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until they have cooked down.
5) Add the tomatoes to the cooked mushrooms and let those cook for another 3 to 5 minutes.
6) Add the reserved starchy cooking water (from the pot where you are cooking the pasta) to the mushrooms and turn the heat up to high and cook until the sauce has thickened.
7) Add the drained pasta along with the butter, basil and a good grating of parmiggiano reggiano to the mushroom mixture, mix everything together to combine well and serve!