Cook time30 minutes
Servingsserve 8 to 10
- 1 cup of Unsalted Butter at room temperature
- Half of a cup of Semisweet Chocolate Chips, melted
- 2 ½ cups of Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 2 ½ cups of All Purpose Flour
- ¾ cup of Cacao Powder
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- ½ tsp of Salt
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp of Instant Espresso Powder
- 1 12oz Package of Peppermint Patties
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, line a 13X9 inch baking pan with parchment paper and spray it lightly with non stick spray, set aside.
2) In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, cacao powder, salt and instant espresso, set aside.
3) In a large bowl, using a hand held mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add the eggs, melted chocolate and vanilla and mix it all together until you have a smooth mixture.
4) Add the wet mixture into the bowl with the dried and whisk it all together until you have a nice smooth batter.
5) Pour 2/3 of the batter into your prepared baking dish, get the top nice and evenly, cover the top with the peppermint patties and pour over the remaining batter.
6) Bake the brownies for 30 to 35 minutes or until the edges of the brownies start to come away from the sides.
7) Allow to cool completely before serving.