Cook time minutes
- 2 (1 lb) Balls of Pizza Dough
- 2 lbs of Fresh Ricotta
- 4 Eggs, beaten
- 1 cup of Fresh Grated Parmiggiano Reggiano
- 4 oz of Fresh Mozzarella, chopped
- 12 oz of Chopped Salami
- 4 oz of Dried Mozzarella, chopped
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh Ground Black Pepper
1) Preheat your oven to 375.
2) Lightly grease a 9” spring form pan with olive oil and set aside.
3) In a large bowl mix together the ricotta, eggs, parmiggiano, mozzarella, dried mozzarella, salami and black pepper. Mix it all to combine well, set aside.
4) Take 1 piece of the dough and using either a rolling pin or your hands, roll it out and lay it in the bottom of the spring form pan, making sure that it overhangs on the side.
5) Add your filling so it keeps the dough in place.
6) Roll out the other piece of dough and cut strips out. Lay the strips in a lattice pattern over the top making sure to seal them to the dough on the sides. Trim any excess dough over hanging the sides and brush the top with a little olive oil.
7) Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes and let it cool for about 3 hours or completely before serving.