Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 679
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 4-6 bite size piecesPrep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
2 cups of Cold Leftover Mashed Potatoes
1 Egg Yolk
2 Tbsp of Fresh Chopped Parsley
2 tsp of Granulated Garlic
2 tsp of Granulated Onion
˝ cup of Freshly Grated Parmiggiano
˝ cup of Sharp Cheddar or Pepper Jack Cheese for a good kick
A Touch of Salt and Pepper
For the breading:
2 Eggs, beaten
About 2 cups of Bread Crumbs
1/2 cup of Freshly Grated Parmiggiano
1 tsp of Italian Seasoning
1) In a large bowl, mix together the mashed potatoes with the egg, parsley, onion, garlic, and cheddar, set aside.
2) Whisk the eggs in a dish, sprinkle with salt and pepper and set aside.
3) In a separate shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs with the parmiggiano, Italian seasoning and a little salt and pepper.
4) In a large skillet add enough oil to come up about an inch on the sides of the pan. Allow the oil to get nice and hot over about medium heat. (You’re looking for 365 degrees)
5) When the oil is ready get started on forming your patties.
6) Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out the potato mixture, flatten it out with your fingers, dip each one in the beaten eggs and dredge them in the bread crumbs. Place them in the hot oil and cook them for a few minutes on each side or until both sides are golden brown and crispy. Drain them on a paper towel lined plate.