Cook time20 minutes
- 1 lb of Pizza Dough
- 10 Hot Dogs, I use beef but you can use any kind you like
- 1/3 cup of Baking Soda
- 8 cups of Water
- Coarse Salt or Pretzel Salt
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 2 Tbsp of Melted Butter
1) Preheat your oven to 425 degrees, line a baking sheet with some parchment paper and set aside, meanwhile in a large saucepan, add the water and baking soda and bring to a boil.
2) Lay the pizza crust on a lightly floured surface (you donít want it to be sticky) and cut it into 10 strips, then gently roll each strip around the hot dog making sure to pinch the top and bottom end of the dough so it doesnít unravel, place them on the prepared baking sheet while you work on the rest.
3) Place them in the boiling water (a few at a time) and cook them for about 30 seconds making sure to flip them halfway through, then place them back on the parchment paper lined baking sheet, brush them with the beaten egg, sprinkle some salt on top and pop them in the oven to bake for about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
4) When you take them out of the oven, brush the tops with the melted butter and serve!