Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 914
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 6 to 8Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
1 Sturdy Loaf of Bread, Sourdough is my favorite
2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
6 Cloves of Garlic, minced
1 tsp of Italian Seasoning
8 oz of Mozzarella, shredded or Cubed
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) Line a baking sheet with some aluminum foil and place the loaf of bread in the center. Making sure to cut only 2/3 of the way through the bread, cut slits on a diagonal on both sides to resemble a diamond shape (make sure you don't cut all the way through) set aside.
3) In a small saucepan, add the oil, garlic and butter and bring to a sizzle. Allow it to cook together on medium low heat for just about a minute, remove from the heat, add the Italian seasoning and set aside.
4) Using a pastry brush, brush the garlic oil mixture all over the top and between each piece of bread and stuff each piece with a piece (or shredded) mozzarella.
5) Gather up the sides of the aluminum foil that the bread is sitting on and wrap it around the base of the bread. With another piece of foil, wrap the top of the bread.
6) Pop it in the oven for 15 minutes, remove the foil, increase the temperature to 375 degrees and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the top is nice and crispy.