Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 991
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 4Prep time: 8 hrs 15 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
4 Egg Yolks
1/2 cup Granulated Sugar + 1 Tbsp for each serving
1/2 cup of Pumpkin Puree
2 cups Heavy Cream
1 tsp Vanilla
1 tsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/8 tsp Salt
1) Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2) In a small saucepan on low heat, slowly heat the cream and pumpkin pie spice to a simmer but not boiling.
3) Meanwhile, in a bowl, with an electric mixer, whisk together the sugar, egg yolks, and vanilla, mix in the pumpkin puree and set aside.
4) Slowly add the cream to the egg mixture on low speed making sure you donít curdle the eggs, stir in the salt and then strain the mixture through a sieve to make sure you donít have any curled eggs or shells.
5) Divide the batter into 4 (6oz) ramekins and place them into a deep roasting pan.
6) Pour boiling water into the pan around the ramekins, just enough to come halfway up the ramekins. Bake for 35-45 minutes (custard should be set when gently shaken).
7) Remove custards from water bath and let cool at room temperature for about 30 minutes, then set them in the fridge for a minimum of 3 hours but itís best to leave them overnight.
7) When ready to serve, top each one with 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar and with a small kitchen blowtorch, heat the top of each custard until the sugar caramelizes evenly, but does not burn. If you donít have a blowtorch, pop them under the broiler but make sure that the inside of the custard doesnít heat up as well.