Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 661
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Makes 8 SconesPrep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 18 mins
2-1/2 cups of Flour
1/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
1/4 cup of Brown Sugar
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
8 Tbsp Cold Unsalted Butter
1/2 cup Heavy Cream
1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
1/3 cup of Pumpkin Puree
2 tsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice
Egg wash (one egg beaten with 1 tbsp of water)
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt, mix just to combine.
3) Add the cold butter and mix it just until the butter has broken up a bit and distributed evenly throughout the dry ingredients.
6) In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, pumpkin puree, cream and vanilla. Add it to the dry mixture and mix until the dough comes together.
7) Dump it onto a floured board and shape into a circle or a rectangle thatís about 3/4 inch thick. Cut the scones into desired shape and place them on the parchment lined baking sheet and brush the tops with the egg wash and sprinkle them with the raw sugar.
8) Bake for 17 to 18 minutes or until golden brown, let them cool completely.