Cook time45 minutes
For the dough:
- 2-1/4 tsp of Active Dry Yeast plus 1 tsp of Sugar
- 1-1/4 cup of Warm Water
- 4 cups of Bread Flour
- 1/3 cup of Non Fat Dry Milk Powder
- 2 tsp of Salt
- 2 Tbsp of Sugar
- 3 Tbsp of Vegetable Shortening, melted
- 1 EggFilling:
- 1 cup of Pumpkin Butter
- 2 Tbsp of Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup of Dried Cranberries
1) In a small bowl, add the yeast and one teaspoon of sugar to the water and set it aside until the yeast activates.
2) Add the flour, milk powder, sugar and salt to the bowl of a standing mixer, when the yeast mixture is ready, add melted shortening and egg, attach your dough hook and knead for 3 to 4 minutes on medium speed until the dough comes together and itís nice and smooth.
3) Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with some plastic wrap and allow it to rise somewhere warm until doubled in size
4) Dump the dough onto a floured surface and roll it out to a 10x20 inch rectangle, smear the pumpkin butter all over the surface, sprinkle the sugar and the cranberries on top.
5) Staring at one short end, roll it as tight as you can like a jelly roll (tuck in the ends) and place it seam side down in a greased 9x5 inch baking pan.
6) Lightly grease the top of the bread with a little vegetable oil, cover with plastic wrap and allow it to rest for about 45 minutes or so or until risen over the top of the pan. Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x5 inch baking pan with some butter or nonstick spray.
7) Gently remove the plastic wrap and pop it in the oven to bake for about 45 minutes or until deeply golden brown. Allow it to sit for 5 minutes then remove from the pan and allow to finish cooling completely on a wire rack before slicing and serving.