Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 395
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
1 9” Store Bought Pie Crust
8 oz of Thick Cut Bacon, cut into small pieces
½ cup of Heavy Cream
½ cup of Grated Gruyere Cheese
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, spray a 9” tart with non stick cooking spray and place it on a baking sheet.
2) Place the pie crust in your tart pan and fit it so its all set in there, remove the extra crust and place a piece of aluminum foil over the top of the crust and pour in some dry beans or dried rice. Bake it for 10 minutes.
3) Remove from the oven and lift off the parchment paper with the dried beans in it. Put the crust back in the oven and let it bake it for another 10 to 15 minutes or so or lightly golden.
4) Meanwhile, heat a non stick skillet over high heat and add the bacon, cook for a few minutes or until crispy and remove with a slotted spoon to a plate.
5) In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream and salt and pepper. Pour it in the cooked pie crust and top it with the cooked bacon and the cheese.
6) Bake it for about 25 minutes or until the eggs are pretty much set. Let it cool for a few minutes before you cut into it.