Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 678
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 6Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
1/2 lb of Leftover Cooked Turkey, dark meat preferably
1 Small Onion, diced
3 cups Sliced Mushrooms
1 Tbsp (or to taste) Chili Pepper Paste
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Cloves of Garlic
1/2 cup White Wine
28oz Jar of Marinara Sauce, or preferably, homemade tomato basil marinara
Fresh Basil Leaves
Freshly Grated Parmiggiano
1 lb Short Cut Pasta, of your choice such as penne or rigatoni
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Fill a large pot with water, sprinkle in a good amount of salt and bring to a boil.
2) In a large skillet with high sides, cook the onions, mushrooms and garlic in the olive oil over medium high heat for about 3 to 4 minutes or until translucent, add the pepper paste and stir it in.
3) Add the wine and let it reduce for about a minute.
4) Add the marinara sauce and shredded cooked turkey and cook the sauce all together for about 4 to 5 minutes.
5) Drain the pasta, put it back in the same pot, add the sauce along with fresh basil and a good amount (about 1/2 cup) of freshly grated parmiggiano. Stir all together and serve!