Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 630
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 4-6Prep time: 15 mins
1 cup of Green Lentils, washed, rinsed and cooked according to package instructions
¾ cup of Quinoa, washed, rinsed and cooked according to package instructions
¼ of a Finely Diced Red Onion
½ Red Bell Pepper, finely diced
¼ cup of Fresh Chopped Parsley
2 Tbsp of Fresh Chopped Mint
1 Small Cucumber, peeled and finely diced
3 Medium Red Beets, tops cut off, peeled and beets washed well
4 oz of Goat Cheese
¼ cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 or 3 Tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2) Peel the beets with a vegetable peeler, drizzle a little oil on each beet and wrap them individually in aluminum foil.
3) Roast the beets for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until they are tender, allow them to cool to room temperature.
4) In a large bowl, toss together the cooked lentils, cooked quinoa, bell pepper, red onion, mint, parsley, garlic and cucumber.
5) Chop your beets into bite size pieces and add them to the bowl with everything else.
6) Season your mixture with some salt and pepper, drizzle over the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Give everything a good stir and crumble the goat cheese right on top before serving.