Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 885
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 8 to 12Prep time: 12 hrs
Cook time: 1 hrs
1-1/2 cups of Graham Cracker Crumbs
2 Tbsp of Sugar
6 Tbsp of Melted Butter
4 8oz Packages of Cream Cheese
1 cup of Granulated Sugar
1 tsp of Vanilla Paste or Vanilla extract
Zest of 1/2 of a Lemon, optional
3/4 cup of Sour Cream
3 Tbsp of Flour
1/2 tsp of Salt
1/2 cup of Seedless Raspberry Jam
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9” springform pan with non stick spray, wrap the outside of the pan a couple times with some aluminum foil and place the pan in a large roasting or baking pan big enough to fit the springform pan comfortably.
2) In a bowl, mix together the ingredients for the crust, the crushed graham crackers, butter and sugar and press this mixture evenly on the bottom and up the sides of your prepared pan.
3) Bake the crust for 8 to 10 minutes or until it deepens in color a bit and set it aside while you work on the filling.
4) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese for about 2 minutes, add the sour cream, vanilla, lemon zest (if using) and eggs and mix for an additional 2 minutes.
5) Add the sugar, salt and flour and mix until the mixture is really lovely and smooth.
6) Pour the mixture in the prepared crust, add small dollops of the jam all over the top of the custard and using a butter knife make swirls throughout the custard and jam to mix the two together.
7) Add enough hot tap water in the baking pan (around the cheesecake) to come up half way up the sides of the cheesecake and carefully transfer it to the oven.
8) Bake the cheesecake for 1 hour or up to 1 hour and 10 minutes, the sides of the cheesecake should be set but the center should slightly jiggle a bit (very slightly) at this point, turn the oven off, open the door of the oven just a bit and let the cheesecake sit in the partially opened oven for 1 hour.
9) Allow the cheesecake to cool at room temperature for a few hours before transferring it in the fridge to cool overnight.
10) Remove the sides of the springform pan and serve!