Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 396
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
1 Large Onion, peeled and cut into chunks
2 Bell Peppers, seeded and cut into chunks
1 Medium or 2 Small Eggplants, cut into chunks
4 Small Zucchini, cut into rounds
1 Head of Garlic, peeled and left whole
About 6 Tbsp of Olive Oil
1 Tsp of Fresh Thyme, Chopped
1 Tsp of Fresh Rosemary, chopped
4 Tomatoes, cut into chunks
Salt and Pepper to taste
½ cup of Fresh Chopped Basil
1) Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
2) In a very large bowl, toss together the onions, peppers, zucchini, eggplant, fresh thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper and about 4 tbsp of olive oil.
3) Divide the mixture between two baking sheets and make sure that the veggies are all laid out in one even layer.
4) Roast them for about an hour, making sure to check on them once every 15 minutes or so and give them a sit if you feel like they are coloring too much too soon, then turn the oven temperature down, otherwise let them roast away until they develop a nice amount of color.
5) Meanwhile, add the remaining olive oil in a skillet with high sides, add the garlic and cook over medium low heat for about 10 minutes or until the garlic is a lovely golden brown color.
6) Once the garlic has gotten nicely colored, turn the heat up to medium-high and add the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and allow them to cook for about 8 to 10 minutes or until hey have cooked down a bit but still have their shape. Turn the heat off and let those sit until the veggies are done roasting.
7) Once the veggies have roasted, stir in the cooked tomatoes and garlic and top them all off with the fresh basil.