Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 854
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Makes about 2 dozenPrep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
1 1/3 cup of All Purpose Flour
2/3 cup of Granulated Sugar
3 Tbsp of Cocoa Powder
1/4 cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
1 tsp of Baking Powder
1/4 tsp of Salt
Red Food Coloring
1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup of Confectioner Sugar
Unwrapped Hershey Kisses
1) In a bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, set aside.
2) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar, add the vanilla and eggs and mix until creamy and smooth.
3) Add the dry ingredients and mix them in long enough to combine and add enough food coloring to achieve the intense red color you’re looking for.
4) Place the dough in a bowl, cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 3 hours or up to overnight.
5) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, line a couple baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
6) Using a small ice cream scoop or two spoons, form little balls of dough and coat them in the confectioner sugar, place them a couple inches apart on your prepared baking sheets.
7) Bake the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes, remove from the oven, allow them to sit for 2 minutes (they will deflate a bit) and then place a little kiss