Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 706
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Makes a few dozenPrep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
1-1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour
2/3 cups of Granulated Sugar
1 Envelope of Vanillina or 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
1/2 envelope of Pandegliangeli or Baking Powder
1/4 tsp of Salt
1/3 cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
1/2 cup of Whole Milk Ricotta
Zest of 1 Lemon
For the Glaze:
1 cup of Confectioner Sugar
Juice of the lemon we zested
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a few baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the sugar and butter. Add the eggs, ricotta and lemon zest and continue to mix until combined.
3) In a small bowl, stir together the flour, pandegliangeli, vanillina and salt and add it to the ricotta mixture.
4) Mix everything together until a dough forms.
5) Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop out your cookie dough on your prepared baking sheets making sure to place them a few inches apart.
6) Bake the cookies for 14 to 16 minutes or until golden brown on the edges and at the bottom. Allow them to cool completely on a wire rack before glazing.
7) To make the glaze, whisk together the powder sugar with enough lemon juice to get a nice runny but yet still thick consistency. Start with the juice of 1/2 of the lemon and using a bit more at little bit at a time or until you've achieved the right consistency.