Cook time50 minutes
- 12 oz of Rigatoni
- 3 Red Bell Peppers, cut in half, seeded and cut into strips
- 2 Yellow Bell Peppers, cut in half, seeded and cut into strips
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- ¼ cup of Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion, cu into half moon slices
- ½ cup of White Wine
- ¼ cup of Kalamta Olives, pitted and cut in half
- ¼ cup of Fresh Basil, roughly torn
- 1 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- ¼ cup of Parmiggiano Reggiano, freshly grated
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Fill a large pot with water, sprinkle in some salt and bring to a boil.
2) In a large skillet, add the oil and garlic and preheat it over medium heat. Cook it long enough for the garlic to become fragrant and lightly golden.
3) Add the peppers and onions and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4) Cook them for about 30 to 35 minutes or until they have cooked down and have caramelized around the edges and become soft (you might need to cover the skillet with a lid if you don’t think they are cooking down quickly enough)
5) When the onions and peppers have about 10 minutes left, add the pasta to the boiling water. Cook according to package instructions, making sure to reserve about 1 cup of the starchy cooking water, drain well set aside.
6) Add the white wine to the peppers and allow it to reduce for just a minute.
7) Add the cooked and drained pasta along with the olives, basil, butter, parmesan and half of the cooking liquid.
8) Allow everything to cook together over medium high heat for just a minute constantly stirring.
9) Serve right away!