Cook time35 minutes
- 1 lb of Rigatoni
- About 2 lb of Cubed Butternut Squash
- 1 Onion, minced
- 8oz of Finely Diced Pancetta
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 tsp of Fresh Thyme, chopped
- 1 ľ cup of Chicken Stock
- Ĺ cup of Freshly Grated Parmiggiano Reggiano (parmesan cheese)
- 2 Tbsp of Fresh Parsley, chopped
1) Fill a large pot with water, sprinkle in a good pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
2) In a large skillet with high sides, add the olive oil and let it preheat over medium heat until itís nice and hot, add the pancetta and cook it until crispy. Remove the pancetta with a slotted spoon onto a plate and set aside.
3) In the same skillet, add the butternut squash and onion and season lightly with some salt and pepper. Cook them together for about 12 to 15 minutes or until they develop some color and cook down a bit. Add the garlic and cook for one more minute.
4) Add the chicken stock and cook everything together for another 15 to 18 minutes or until the butternut squash is nice and tender.
5) At this point, add the pasta to the boiling salted water and cook it according to package instructions.
6) Drain it and put it back in the same pot.
7) Add the sauce in the same large pot with the drained pasta, add the cheese and cooked pancetta along with the fresh thyme and parsley and toss it all together until its all well mixed.