Cook time45 minutes
- 1 Acorn Squash
- 4 Slices of Bacon of your choice
- 2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp of Maple Syrup
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 4 cups of Baby Arugula, washed and dried
1) Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with some parchment paper, set aside.
2) Prep your acorn squash by cutting it in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds and cut each half into 1” thick slices. Place them on your prepared baking sheet and set aside.
3) Mix together the butter and maple syrup, brush it on both sides of the squash and season with some salt and pepper, cover the baking sheet with foil and roast the squash for 30 minutes covered.
4) Lay the bacon on a rack that’s been positioned over a baking sheet or any other baking pan, pop it in the oven alongside the squash and remove the foil so the squash can caramelize for the next 15 minutes.
5) When ready to serve, plate the squash, scatter the arugula over top and crumble (or chop) the cooked bacon over the arugula.