Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 660
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 6 to 8Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
1 Large Butternut Squash, peeled, seeded and cut into large chunks
1 Large Yellow Onion
2 Carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks
3 Stalks of Celery, cut into large chunks
6 Cloves of Garlic, peeled but not chopped
8 or so Leaves of Fresh Sage
3 to 4 Tbsp of Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper, to taste
2 tsp of Chili Powder
4 cups (or a bit more) of Vegetable Stock
Goat Cheese for serving (optional)
A Few Dashes of Hot Sauce
1) Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2) On a large baking sheet, toss together the butternut squash, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, sage, oil, salt, pepper and chili powder. Roast the veggies for about 45 minutes to an hour or until tender (make sure you stir them around a bit).
3) Puree the veggies with a splash of stock in a blender (do it in batches because you donít want to overcrowd the blender).
4) Add your pureed mixture to a saucepan, add enough stock to get your desired consistency (this soup should be slightly on the thicker side) let it simmer for about 5 to 6 minutes.
5) Ladle into a bowl and serve with a slice of goat cheese on top and a few dashes of hot sauce if you like a bit of heat.