Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 748
Watch these next:
|Serves 6 to 8|
|Prep time: 10 mins|
1 4-lb Bone-in Leg of Lamb
6 Cloves of Garlic, peeled and sliced
2 Sprigs of Rosemary, leaves picked off the stem
1/2 of a Lemon
Lots of Salt and Black Pepper
About 1 cup of White Wine
1) Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place a rack in a large roasting pan and set aside.
2) Make little slits all over the lamb and stuff each one with a few rosemary leaves and a slice of garlic.
3) Rub the whole surface of the lamb with the halved lemon and season generously with the salt and pepper.
4) Pop the lamb in the oven and roast it for 30 minutes. Turn the heat down to 350 and continue roasting the lamb for an additional hour or so or until the meat reaches desired temperature. I prefer my lamb cooked to medium temperature, about 150 degrees.
5) Remove the lamb onto a plate and discard the drippings from the roasting pan. Add the wine to the roasting pan along with a few more rosemary leaves.
6) Pop the wine mixture in the oven for about 10 minutes or until itís reduced and thickened a bit.
7) To serve, slice your lamb thinly and spoon the sauce over the top.