Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 676
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 6Prep time: 10 mins
1/2 lb of Italian Pork Sausage
1 Cup of Fresh Bread Crumbs
2 tsp of Poultry Seasoning
1 Shallot, minced
2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
1/4 cup of Dried Porcini Mushrooms
Salt and Pepper, to taste
4 Tbsp of Butter
2 Tbsp of Fresh Chopped Sage
1 Tbsp of Fresh Chopped Thyme
2 Tbsp of Fresh Chopped Parsley
2 2 lb Boneless Turkey Breast
1/2 cup of White Wine
For the Gravy:
1/4 cup of Whitw Wine
2 Tbsp of Flour
2 Tbsp of Butter
1 cup of Chicken Stock or Turkey Stock
1 tsp of Poultry Seasoning
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) In a small skillet, cook the shallot and garlic in the olive oil over medium heat for a few minutes or until soft and translucent.
2) In a small bowl, add the dried mushrooms and cover them with some really hot water, leave them for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove the mushrooms from the water and finely chop them.
3) In a large bowl, add the sausage, cooked shallot mixture, poultry seasoning, parsley, fresh bread crumbs, chopped porcini mushrooms and salt and pepper, mix everything together and set aside.
4) In a small bowl, mix together the softened butter, sage, thyme, salt and pepper, set aside.
5) Remove the skin from the turkey breast and set aside (try your best not to break up the skin and keep it in one piece).
6) Place the turkey breast on a plastic cutting board, butterfly it open, cover the turkey breast with some plastic wrap and pound it to about 1/4” thick (try pounding it out in a rectangle shape).
7) Smear 1/2 of the stuffing on each pounded turkey breast leaving a 3/4 inch border around all the edges. Roll it jelly roll style, wrap the skin around each one and tie each roll with a few pieces of kitchen twine to keep everything wrapped together. Repeat the same process with the other breast.
8) Smear each rolled turkey breast evenly with the herbed butter, place each one on a wire rack in a roasting dish.
9) Roast them for 30 to 45 minutes or until an internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Allow them to cool a bit while you make the gravy.
10) In a saucepan, add the 2 Tbsp of butter and the flour, cook them for a couple minutes on medium, add the wine and allow it to reduce for about a minute, add the stock and poultry seasoning. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the gravy has thickened.
12) When ready to serve, cut the twine off the turkey, slice each one into 1/2” slices and fan them on platter. Spoon the gravy over the sliced turkey breast and serve right away!