Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 911
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Makes 16 or soPrep time: 2 hrs 20 mins
Cook time: 18 mins
1 cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
2-1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour
1 tsp of Salt
1 tsp of Baking Soda
1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
3/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
3/4 cup of Brown Sugar
1 cup of Semisweet Chocolate Chips
About 15 to 18 Rolos, unwrapped
1) In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and both kinds of sugar.
2) Add the egg and vanilla, mix until incorporated, add the flour, salt and baking soda along with the chocolate chips and mix until well to combine.
3) Place the dough in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and pop it in the fridge for about 2 hours. Pop the rolos in the freezer for 2 hours as well. Take the dough out of the fridge about 10 minutes before you scoop it out.
4) When you're ready to bake the cookies, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Position your oven racks in the very bottom and top of the oven.
5) Using a large ice cream scoop (the equivalent to 1/4 cup) Scoop out your dough, form into a ball, stuff the center with a rolo, make sure it's well enclosed in the dough, place it on the prepared baking sheet making sure to flatten the top slightly.
6) Proceed with the remaining dough making sure to place the cookies a couple of inches apart from each other.
7) Bake the cookies for about 15 to 16 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges, you might want to rotate the baking sheets half way through for even baking.
8) Allow them to cool slightly before serving.