Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 694
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 6 PeoplePrep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 1 hrs 15 mins
1 2-1/2 lb Pork Loin
6 to 8 Cloves of Garlic
2 Sprigs of Rosemary, leaves stripped
1/2 Bunch of Parsley
2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
4 oz of Thinly Sliced Pancetta
2 cups of White Wine
1/2 cup of Water
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) In a food processor (or you can do this by hand) add the garlic, rosemary leaves, parsley, olive oil, salt and pepper and puree until smooth.
2) On a plastic cutting board, slice the pork loin lengthwise on one side making sure not to cut it all the way through (it should resemble an open book).
3) Season the inside of the pork with salt and pepper and spread the garlic mixture evenly all over the pork leaving a 1” border on one side.
4) Roll it up and cover the top with the pancetta. Tie it in a few places with some kitchen twine and place it on a rack in a roasting pan and allow it to sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes while you preheat the oven to 400.
5) Once the oven is preheated, add the wine and water at the bottom of the roasting dish and pop it in the oven. Roast the pork for about 1 hour and 15 minutes (or slightly longer) or until the internal temperature reaches 155 degrees.
6) Allow it to rest for 15 minutes and in the meantime, skim off some of the fat from the roasting pan or place the juices in a fat separator and discard the fat.
7) When ready to serve, slice the pork into nice thick slices and drizzle over the wine juices over the pork.