Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 1056
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 4Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
10 oz of Fresh Salmon, I used 2 fillets that were skinless
12 oz of Pasta
2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
3 Cloves of Garlic, peeled and chopped
1/3 cup of White Wine
1/3 cup of Shrimp Stock
1/3 cup of Heavy Cream
Juice of 1 Lemon
1 Tbsp of Chopped Dill
2 Tbsp of Chopped Parsley
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Fill a large pot with water, add a generous pinch of salt and bring it to a boil.
2) In a large skillet with high sides, add the oil, preheat it over medium high heat, season both sides of the salmon and sear them in the hot pan for a couple of minutes on each side or until they develop some good color, remove to a plate, set aside and discard the oil remaining in the pan.
3) Add a fresh drizzle of olive oil to the same skillet, add the garlic, saute for just a couple of minutes, then add the wine, shrimp stock and juice of 1/2 of a lemon (or whole lemon if the lemon isnít very juicy) bring mixture to a boil.
4) At this point, add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to package instructions.
5) To the boiling wine mixture, add the salmon fillets, reduce the heat to medium, cover the pan with a lid and simmer for about 8 to 9 minutes or until the pasta is fully cooked (flip the salmon half way through for even cooking).
6) Remove the salmon from the broth, increase the heat to medium-high, add the cream and herbs, cook for just a minute, then add the cooked and drained pasta in the sauce and cook it all together for about 2 to 3 minutes.
7) Flake your salmon into big pieces, stir them in the pasta mixture then remove from the heat, cover the whole thing with a lid and allow everything to sit for 5 minutes covered.
8) Adjust the seasoning to taste and serve right away!