Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 709
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 4Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
4 6oz Chicken Breast
1 Small Yellow Onion, finely chopped
1 Bell Pepper, finely chopped
4 Cloves of Garlic, minced
1/4 cup of Chopped Cilantro
1 Tbsp of Chili Paste or 1 Jalapeno, seeded and chopped
2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
1 Tsp of Cumin
1/4 tsp of Oregano
1 15oz can of Crushed tomatoes
1/4 cup of Water
1/2 cup of White Wine or Beer
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Preheat a large skillet with high sides over medium high heat and add in 1 Tbsp of the oil.
2) Season both sides of the chicken breast with salt and pepper and sear them in the hot skillet (they donít have to be fully cooked through) for just a couple minutes on each side, remove to a plate.
3) Add the remaining oil to the skillet, reduce the heat to medium and add the onions, garlic, pepper and half of the chopped cilantro, season lightly with salt and pepper and sautee until the veggies soften.
4) Add the chili paste (if youíre not using chili paste but instead using a jalapeno, add the chopped jalapeno to the skillet with the onion mixture above) and stir around for just a minute.
5) Add the wine, allow it to cook for about 30 seconds, add the tomatoes along with the water, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper.
6) Bring the sauce to a boil, cook it for 5 minutes, reduce the heat down to medium, slide the seared chicken breast back in with the sauce, partially cover the skillet with a lid and cook everything together for about 10 minutes.
7) Sprinkle over the fresh cilantro and serve!