Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 274
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
1 6 lb Piece of Bone-in Prime Rib
1 Large Head of Garlic, peeled
4 Sprigs of Rosemary
½ cup of Kosher Salt
3 Tbsp of Coarsely ground Black Pepper
1 Large Shallot, Peeled
¼ cup of Olive Oil, plus more
1) In a small bowl, combine together the salt, pepper, olive oil, rosemary, grated shallot and grated garlic, mix to combine and set aside.
2) In a large skillet, heat about 4 tbsp of olive oil over high heat until very hot, place the prime rib, fat side down and cook for a few minutes on each side or until deeply browned.
3) Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
4) Place the prime on a roasting rack and smear the salt mixture evenly oer the top. Roast for about 30 minutes.
5) Reduce the oven temperature to 325 and continue to cook until the internal temperature reaches 135 degrees.
6) Remove from the oven and let it sit for about 30 minutes before serving.