Cook time20 minutes
ServingsMakes 12 Cupcakes
For the cupcakes:
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp Instant Espresso Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup MilkFor the topping:
- 1 ½ cups of Heavy Whipping Cream
- ¼ cup of Confectioner Sugar
- Caramel sauce (store bought or homemade)
- Fleur De Sel for topping
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12 piece muffin tin with liners and set aside.
2) Over a large bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt and instant espresso powder, set aside.
3) In a large bowl, using an handheld electric mixer (you can also use a standing mixer) cream together the butter and sugar, add the egg and vanilla and mix it in until well combined.
4) Add your milk along with your dry ingredients and mix enough to incorporate.
5) Using an ice cream scoop, divide your batter in your muffin tin and bake the cupcakes for about 18 to 20 minutes or until fully cooked through, allow to cool completely!
6) Using a handheld electric mixer, whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form, add the powdered sugar and continue to mix until it forms stiff peaks.
7) Using a disposable piping bag (or any piping bag) fitted with a large plain tip, frost your cupcakes in your desired pattern.
8) Using a large resealable bag, add some caramel sauce to it and push it all into one of the corners of the bag (so you're making your own piping bag) snip off a tiny piece of the corner and drizzle some of the caramel sauce over the top of the cream. Sprinkle a small amount of fleur de sel on top and serve!