Cook time12 minutes
- 1 Cup of Semisweet Chips
- 1/2 cup of Unsalted Butter
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 2/3 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup of all Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp of Instant Espresso Powder
- 1/4 tsp of Salt
- 1/2 cup of Homemade Caramel Sauce or Store Bought
- Fleur De Sel or any other good quality sea salt
1) Preheat your oven to 450 degrees. Spray 6 6oz ramekins with non stick spray and set aside. In a small bowl, mix together the flour, salt and espresso powder, set aside.
2) In a small saucepan over low heat, add the chocolate chips and butter and just cook them together until the butter and the chips are just melted, allow the mixture to cool a bit (do not panic if they split, they will come together in the batter)
3) In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and egg yolks, add the sugar and vanilla and whisk them together until the smooth.
4) Add the flour mixture and melted butter and chips mixture and whisk everything together until your batter comes together and it looks smooth and well combined.
5) Divide your batter evenly among the ramekins, bake them for 12 to 13 minutes or until the tops look set but the center is still a bit wobbly.
6) Allow them to sit for 2 minutes, invert onto a dessert plate, spoon a little caramel sauce over top (allow it to drip all over the sides) and sprinkle with a light sprinkle of Fleur De Sel or any other good quality sea salt.