Cook time8 minutes
ServingsMakes about 1-1/4 cup of caramel
- 1/2 cup of Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 4 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
- 3 Tbsp of Water
- 1/2 cup of Heavy Cream
- 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp of Sea Salt
1) In a medium saucepan, add the butter, both kinds of sugar and water, bring to a light boil over medium heat then add the heavy cream and allow it to lightly bubble and simmer (still on medium heat) for 6 minutes.
2) Remove from the heat, stir in the vanilla and sea salt. Pour into a small mason jar (this mixture makes about 1-1/4 cups of caramel) allow it to cool then place a lid on and pop it in the fridge to store for a couple of weeks.
NOTE: When you want to serve this caramel, add just about 1 tablespoon of water to it and pop it in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Make sure you microwave it without the lid and then re-store it the exact same way and reheat it the same way as well. You might not need to add any additional water when you reheat it more than once but keep an eye on it.