Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 808
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Makes between 20-25Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
1-1/4 pounds of cooked potatoes
1-1/2 tsp of Mustard seeds
1-1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds
1-1/2 tsp of Coriander seeds
1 tsp of Garam masala
2 tsp of Ground cumin
2 tsp of Ground coriander
1 tsp of Mango Powder
1/4 tsp of Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp of Chili Powder
1 Tbsp of Grated Ginger
1 small yellow onion (about 1/2 cup) finely diced
3 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil or Ghee
1/2 cup Frozen Defrosted Peas
3 Tbsp of Freshly Chopped Cilantro
1/4 cup of Water
Salt, to taste
1 pkg of Philo Dough
1/2 cup (or more) of Melted Butter
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2) In a large skillet, add the oil and allow it to get warm over medium heat, add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and coriander seeds and let them heat up. You will know they are ready when they become fragrant and start popping. At this point, add the ginger and onion and cook until the onion softens.
3) Add the cooked potatoes and peas along with the remaining spices, salt, cilantro and water and cook for 2 minutes to heat everything through, remove to a plate and allow to cool completely.
4) Lay one piece of philo dough on your work surface on top of a damp towel (cover the rest with another damp towel) brush with some butter and fold in thirds lengthwise.
5) Add a small spoonful of the mixture on the left corner of one end and fold to create a triangle and pinch the seams to seal, and fold again on the opposite side (watch video for reference). Repeat with the remaining filling and pastry.
5) Place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet, brush the tops with more butter and bake them for about 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown on all sides.