Cook time1 hours 0 minutes
- ½ lb of Italian Sausage, casing removed
- 2 Tbsp of Oil
- 1 Small Onion, chopped
- 2 Ribs of Celery, chopped
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 Carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 15oz can of Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 15oz can of Chopped Tomatoes
- 4 cups of Chicken Stock
- 1 lb of Kale, rinsed, stems removed and cut into bite size pieces
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- ½ cup of Freshly Grated Parmiggiano Reggiano (parmesan cheese)
1) Add the oil in a large soup pot and allow It to preheat over medium-high heat.
2) Add the sausage and brake it up a bit with your wooden spoon, allow it to cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until most of it has developed a golden brown color.
3) Add the celery, onion and carrots and season with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat to medium and let the mixture cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until the veggies have developed some good color and begin to cook down. Add the garlic and let it cook for 1 minute.
4) Add the chicken stock and canned tomatoes and increase the heat to medium high, allow the mixture to come to a boil.
5) Add the chickpeas and kale and let the soup cook for 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Turn off the heat and stir in the parmesan cheese.