Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 975
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
serves 2 to 4, depending on the sizePrep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
1-1/2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
8 oz of Sausage, cut into thin coins (I love using roasted garlic and herb chicken sausage for this)
10 oz of Cremini Mushrooms, sliced
3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
1/3 cup of Dried Porcini Mushrooms
1/3 cup of White Wine
1 tsp of Fresh Rosemary, minced
1 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
1/3 cup of Freshly Grated Parmiggiano
2 Tbsp of Fresh Chopped Parsley
Salt and Pepper, to taste
8 oz of Short Cut Pasta, such as penne
1) Fill a large pot with water, add a generous pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Place the dried porcini in a small bowl, pour over 2 cups of hot water and set aside for 10 minutes. Remove the mushrooms from the hot water and give them a rough chop.
2) In a large skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil and allow it to preheat for a bit, add the mushrooms and sausage, saute for about 7 to 10 minutes or until they soften and develop some color, add the garlic and some salt and pepper and cook for another minute.
3) Add the wine, cook for 30 seconds, add the porcini, rosemary and porcini stock (except for the last tablespoon in the bottom of the bowl) cook for about 10 minutes.
4) When the mushroom mixture has 7 minutes or so remaining cooking time, add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to package instructions, (reserve 1/2 cup of the starchy cooking water and set aside) drain and set aside.
5) Increase the heat to medium-high for the mushroom mixture, add the starchy water along with the cooked pasta, butter, parsley and parmiggiano and cook all together for about a minute.
Serve right away!