Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 534
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 2Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
5 oz of Raw Linguini
½ lb of Raw Scallops
3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
1 Cup of White Wine
Juice of One Small Lemon
2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
1 Tbsp of All Purpose Flour
1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
1 Tbsp of Fresh Chopped Parsley
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil, add the pasta and cook according to package instructions. Make sure you reserve ½ cup of Starchy cooking water.
2) Pat dry your scallops on both sides, season them with salt and pepper and set aside.
3) Preheat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat until it's nice and hot, add the scallops and cook them for 2 minutes on each side, making sure not to disturb them.
4) Remove to a plate and set aside.
5) In the same skillet, add 1 Tbsp of the butter along with the garlic and let the garlic cook and become fragrant. Add the wine and let it reduce by half, this should take about 2 minutes.
6) Take the remaining tablespoon of the butter and dredge it well in the flour, set aside.
7) Add the starchy cooking water, parsley and lemon juice along with the dredged remaining butter, season with salt and pepper and let it all bubble up and come together.
8) Add the scallops back in for the last minute of cooking. Place the scallops on a plate and toss the linguine in the sauce.