Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 609
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
4Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
For the Salsa:
1 Mango, ripe but not mushy otherwise it wont hold it’s shape
¼ of a Red Bell Pepper, diced
1 Jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
¼ cup of Diced Red Onion
¼ cup of Fresh Chopped Cilantro
2 Tbsp of Fresh Lime Juice, or more to taste
1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
For the Scallops:
1 lb of Fresh Scallops, patted dry
2 tsp of Chili Powder
1 tsp of Cumin
½ tsp of Granulated Garlic
½ tsp of Granulated Onion
Salt and Pepper, to taste
About 2 Tbsp (or a touch more) of Olive Oil
1) In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the salsa, set aside.
2) Preheat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
3) In a small bowl, mix together the chili powder, cumin, garlic, onion, salt and pepper.
4) Sprinkle the spice mixture on the scallops, on both side.
5) Place the scallops in the hot oil and let them cook without disturbing them, for about 2 minutes on each side.
6) Serve the scallops with the salsa on the side.