Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 399
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
4 Slices of Turkey Bacon
½ Pound of Shrimp, peeled and devained
½ cup of Canned Corn Kernels, drained and rinsed
½ Avocado, chopped into bite size pieces
½ tsp of Paprika
1/2 Tsp of Granulated Garlic
2 Tbsp of Lemon Juice, or to taste
½ tsp of Dijon Mustard
3 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 cups of Baby Spinach, washed and dried
1 cup of Cherry tomatoes, halved
1 Hard Boiled Egg, quartered
1) In a bowl, toss together the shrimp with the paprika, granulated garlic, salt and pepper and set aside for a couple minutes.
2) Preheat a large non stick skillet over medium high heat, add the bacon and cook for a couple minutes or until it develops a color on both sides. Remove to a plate and set aside.
4) In the same skillet, add 1 Tbsp of oil and let it get nice and hot. Add the shrimp making sure they are in a single layer, and cook for about 2 minutes on each side. Remove to a plate to cool slightly.
5) To assemble the salad, lay the spinach on a platter, evenly distribute the corn, tomatoes, avocado and egg. Cut the bacon in small pieces and scatter that over the top as well.
6) Season the salad with some salt and pepper.
7) Place the cooked shrimp on top of the salad.
8) In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice with the mustard. While whisking, drizzle in the oil.
9) Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve immediately!