Cook time35 minutes
- 3 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Shallots, sliced thinly
- A Pinch of Hot Pepper Flakes
- 1 Fennel Bulb, sliced thinly
- 1 cup of White Wine
- 1 28oz can of Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 1/4 cup of Water
- 1 ¼ lb of Large Shrimp, deveined but with the shells still on
- 2 Tbsp of Fresh chopped Parsley
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) In a deep pot, preheated over medium heat, add the oil, leek, garlic, hot pepper flakes, half of the parsley and fennel. Cook over medium heat until the veggies soften and develop some color.
2) Add the wine and let it reduce for 1 minute.
3) Add the canned tomatoes, water and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and let it cook for about 15 minutes.
4) Add the shrimp and continue cooking for about 5 to 7 minutes or until the shrimp are fully cooked through.
5) Turn the heat off, sprinkle over the remaining parsley and dig in immediately with large chunks of bread to soak up all those lovely juices!