Cook time25 minutes
ServingsMakes 16 slices
- 2 1-lb Balls of Pizza Dough
- 2 cups of your Favorite Pizza Sauce or Marinara Sauce
- 2 cups of Shredded Mozzarella
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- Sliced Pepperoni, optional
1) Grease a square Sicilian pizza pan with the oil (make sure you grease it in pretty much every inch on the inside of the pan including the sides).
2) Stack your balls of pizza dough on top of each other and place them in the center of the pan. Using your hands, stretch the dough to cover the bottom of the pan.
3) Cover the pan loosely with plastic wrap, place it somewhere warm to rest for about 30 minutes.
4) Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
5) Smear 1 cup of the sauce all over the surface of the pizza, bake it for 10 minutes.
6) Smear remaining sauce and sprinkle evenly the mozzarella followed by the pepperoni.
7) Place it back in the oven and allow the pizza to cook for an additional 20 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
8) Remove the pizza from the pan using a pizza peel of a flat sided baking sheet. Cut into squares and enjoy!