Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 662
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Serves 4 to 6Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
2 Large Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges or large chunks
6 Slices of Bacon
12 Sage Leaves, finely chopped
3 Cloves of Garlic
1/4 tsp of Cayenne Pepper
1 Tbsp of Vegetable Oil
Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
1) Place the potatoes in the microwave and microwave them for 5 minutes or until they are about 1/2 way cooked.
2) In a large skillet, preferably a cast iron skillet, add the bacon and cook it over medium/medium high heat for a couple minutes or until it starts to get slightly crispy, add the chopped sage leaves and allow them to get nice and crispy along with the bacon.
3) Remove the crispy bacon and sage pieces with a slotted spoon onto a plate.
4) In the same skillet with the bacon drippings, (you should have about 3 Tbsp of bacon drippings left behind, if you don't, add a bit of vegetable oil) add the partially cooked potatoes and make sure to place them in one single layer. Cook them for a couple minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy.
5) Season the potatoes with salt and pepper and when they are about 2 minutes away from being fully cooked, add the garlic along with the crispy bacon and sage and cook everything together for the last couple minutes.