Cook time20 minutes
- 1-1/2 pounds of Ground Beef
- 1 Small Yellow Onion
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 tsp of Dry Mustard Powder
- 2 tsp of Paprika
- 2 tsp of Granulated Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp of Granulated Onion Powder
- 2 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp of Worchesteshire Sauce
- 2 Tbsp of Ketchup
- 1 1/2 cups of Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 cup of Water
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) In a large skillet with high sides, add the oil and preheat it over medium high heat until the oil is nice and hot.
2) Add the beef and break it up as much as you can with a wooden spoon. Cook the beef until itís mostly cooked through, remove most of the drippings and add the onion, peppers and garlic, season everything with a touch of salt and pepper and cook it all together until the veggies develop some color and cook down a bit, about 5 to 7 minutes.
3) Add the brown sugar, granulated onion, granulated garlic, paprika and mustard powder, cook it all together for about a minute giving it a good stir.
4) Add the tomato sauce, touch of water and worchesetshire, lower the heat to low, partially cover with a lid and cook everything together for about 15 minutes.
5) Adjust the seasoning according to taste and spoon mixture over toasted buttered buns. Enjoy!