Cook time6 hours 0 minutes
- 3 lb of Bone in, skin on Chicken Breast or a mix of breast and thighs
- 1 Large Yellow Onion, diced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 cup of BBQ Sauce
- 1 Cup of Chicken Stock
- 1 Tbsp of Worcestershire Sauce
- 1-1/2 tbsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 Yellow Peaches, peeled and diced
- 1 Tbsp of Steak Seasoning
- 1 tsp of Chipotle Chili Powder
- 1/4 cup of Bourbon
- Light Olive Oil or any vegetable Oil
- Salt, to taste
1) Season both sides of the chicken with the steak seasoning and sear in a hot skillet with a little oil until it develops some color, remove to a plate and discard any burned bits of seasoning that might be stuck in the pan.
2) In the same skillet, saute the onions and garlic in a little oil for a few minutes, deglaze with the bourbon, allow it to reduce for about 20 seconds then remove from the heat.
3) Add all the ingredients to a slow cooker (including the cooked chicken and onion mixture) cook on high for about 6 hours or until the meat is super tender.
4) Remove the chicken from the sauce, discard the skin and bones and shred the meat using two forks, add the meat back in the sauce and leave it on warm until ready to eat, adjust the salt to taste and enjoy!