Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 1124
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
Makes about 15 to 16Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 4 hrs
For the beef:
1 3lb Chuck Roast, trimmed of any fat
8 oz of Homemade or Store Bought Salsa
1-1/2 cups of Beef Stock
1 Onion, thinly sliced
4 Cloves of Garlic, minced
1 tsp of Chili Powder
1/2 tsp of Cumin
1/2 tsp of Dried Oregano
Salt and Pepper, to taste
12 to 16 6” Tortillas, warmed up
2 cups or so of Enchilada Sauce
1-1/2 cups of Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
Sour Cream for serving
Chopped Cilantro for serving
Chopped Scallions for serving
1) In a skillet, add a drizzle of olive oil, preheat it over medium high heat and while that’s happening, season with some salt and pepper and sear on all sides to develop some color, set aside.
2) In the bottom of your slow cooker pot, add the onions, sit the seared beef on top then scatter the garlic on top, add salsa and mix the spices with the stock and pour that on top as well.
3) Cook on high for about 4 hours or until the beef falls apart then remove the beef to a plate, allow it to cool a bit and using 2 forks or your fingers shred it and discard any excess fat. When the beef is done, preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
4) Scoop out the cooked onions and veggies, add them to the the bowl with the beef along with 1/4 cup of the drippings from the slow cooker and about 1/4 cup of the enchilada sauce.
5) Add about 1/2 cup of the drippings to the enchilada sauce, smear about 3/4 of it in the bottom of a casserole dish and set it aside.
6) Roll some of the beef mixture into warmed tortillas (I add a little cheese in as I roll them) and place them in your prepared casserole dish, top with some more sauce, followed by the cheese and pop it in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the cheese is gooey and melted.