Cook time20 minutes
For the Rice:
- 1 cup of Long Grain White Rice
- 3 Tbsp of Orzo Pasta
- 2 Tbsp of Broken Spaghetti
- 2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter
- 2-3/4 cups of Chicken Stock
- 1/4 tsp of Dried Basil
- 1 tsp of Granulated Garlic
- 1/4 tsp of Paprika
- Salt, to tasteFor the Shrimp:
- 1-1/4 of Large Shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 tsp of Smoked Paprika
- 2 tsp of Regular Paprika
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1/2 of a Thinly Sliced Yellow Onion
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- Salt, to taste
- Juice of 1/2 of a Lemon
- Splash of Water
- Fresh Chopped Parsley
1) Start by marinating the shrimp by tossing them with the olive oil, garlic, regular paprika, smoked paprika and salt, set them aside.
2) Switch to the pilaf. In a saucepan, add the butter and allow it to melt over medium heat, add the rice, orzo and broken spaghetti and cook for a couple of minutes while constantly stirring until they begin to toast, add the stock, paprika, basil and garlic, bring to a boil, cover with a lid, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes or until the rice is cooked, adjust the seasoning to taste and set aside.
3) Move back to the shrimp, in a large skillet (I prefer my cast iron here) get it nice and hot over medium-high heat, add a drizzle of oil then in batches, cook the shrimp for about a minute on each side or until cooked, remove to a plate.
4) Add the onions with a little oil and any marinade from the shrimp and saute until they soften, add the shrimp back in along with about 1/4 cup of water, lemon juice and parsley and cook just for a minute on medium high heat.
5) Serve with some mixed greens and the pilaf and go to town!