Cook time minutes
- 8 Large Eggs
- ½ cup Whole Milk
- ½ cup Freshly Grated Parmiggiano Reggiano
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 1 lb of Spaghetti, cooked, drained and cooled
- 4 oz of Hard Salami, preferably soppressata, chopped
- 4 oz of Provolone Cheese, chopped
- 2 to 3 Tbsp of Olive Oil
1) In a large bowl mix together the eggs, milk, parmiggiano reggiano and black pepper. You will not need salt because all the cheeses and salami are very salty. Add the spaghetti and salami and toss really well.
2) Heat the oil in a 12 inch skillet over medium heat. Pour half of the spaghetti mixture into the pan and scatter the provolone over the top. Pour on the remaining spaghetti mixture.
3) Turn the heat on to medium low. Cover and cook 5 minutes. Slide a spatula under the pie and gently lift it around the edges to allow some of the uncooked eggs to run underneath. Cover and cook10 minutes or until the eggs are almost set and the bottom is golden brown.
4) Meanwhile, preheat your broiler.
5) Place the skillet under the broiler to brown the topand finish cooking the eggs on top. About 7 to 10 minutes. (keep an eye on it because it can burn very quickly)
6) Run a spatula under the spaghetti pizza to loosen it. Lift the pan and slip the pizza out onto a serving platter. Cut into wedges and dig in.
7) This pizza is perfect eaten hot, room temperature or cold straight out of the fridge. I cant tell you how many times I have made this pizza and please be creative, use any leftover veggies or lunch meat and cheeses that you have hanging around in your fridge. Every time I cook spaghetti I always cook an extra pound just so that I can have left over spaghetti to make this pizza.
8) Serve it with a side salad for a great lunch or light dinner, or eat it as a delicious and filling snack in the middle of the day when you might not know when you might be getting around to make dinner.