Cook time1 hours 0 minutes
- 1 (1 lb) Spaghetti Squash
- 6 oz of Ground turkey
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 15 oz can of Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tsp of Italian Seasoning
- Fresh Basil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup of Ricotta
- Freshly Grated Parmigiano
- Fresh Mozzarella
1) Stab the spaghetti squash a couple times with the tip of a sharp knife and microwave for 5 minutes, set aside and allow to cool pretty much completely. Split it in half lengthwise, remove the seeds with a spoon and gently shred the spaghetti squash with a fork and set aside.
2) Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
3) In a large skillet with high sides, add the olive oil and allow it to preheat over medium heat, add the garlic and basil and saute for about a minute, add the ground turkey, break it up with a wooden spoon as much as possible and cook until pretty much cooked through.
4) Add the tomatoes and Italian seasoning along with a pinch of salt and pepper and allow the sauce to simmer for about 15 minutes.
5) Mix together the spaghetti squash and sauce, divide the mixture between the shell of the spaghetti squash, top it with some ricotta, a little grating of Parmiggiano and the mozzarella.
6) Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.