Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 262
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
2 cups of All Purpose Flour
½ tsp of Salt
1 Tbsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice
2 tsp of Baking Powder
1 cup of Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
1 ¼ cup of Granulated Sugar
½ cup of Buttermilk
½ cup of Milk
1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
½ Tsp of Orange Zest
½ cup of Dark Raisins
¼ cup of Golden Raisins
For the topping
1/4 cup of Brown Sugar
1/4 cup of Granulated sugar
½ cup of chopped Walnuts
¼ tsp of Ground Cinnamon
2 Tbsp of Cold Unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, line a 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper and spray with non stick cooking spray.
2) In a large bowl, mix together the first 4 ingredients and set aside. In a small bowl, mix both kinds of raisins with about ½ cup of the dry ingredients and toss well until all the raisins are covered in the flour mixture, set aside.
3) In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar for about 1 minute, add the eggs, vanilla, orange zest and both kinds of milk and mix everything until it’s a nice smooth batter.
4) Add the dry ingredients and mix very quickly or until all the dry ingredients are well incorporated but not over mixed.
5) Using a spatula, fold in the raisins mixture, pour batter into the prepared pan making sure to even out the top, set aside for a few minutes.
In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the topping and mix it with your fingers until its all a nice crumbly texture, spread it evenly over the cake and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool for about 15 minutes before serving.