Cook time minutes
- 1 Large Can of Black Beans (rinsed & washed)
- 1 Small Onion (chopped)
- 3 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 1 to 2 Jalapenos (chopped, start with one and see if it’s hot enough because jalapenos vary in heat)
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 2 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Fresh Chopped Cilantro to serve (optional)
- Sour Cream to serve (optional)
1) In a medium saucepan on medium heat sauté together the onions, garlic, and jalapenos until soft and translucent this will take 2 to 3 minutes.
2) Once the onion mixture is softened add the black beans and season with salt and pepper to taste give it a stir and add 2 cups of water. Cover with a lid and cook for 25 minutes.
3) To serve, top with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro.