Cook time25 minutes
- 3 Sheets of Puff Pastry, thawed
- 4 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup of Granulated Sugar
- ½ tsp of Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp of Lemon Zest
- 1Egg YolkFor the Filling,
- ¼ cup of Strawberry Preserves
- 1 cup of Chopped Strawberries
- ¼ cup of Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp of Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp of Corn Starch
- Pinch of Salt
- Egg Wash (one egg beaten with 1 tbsp of water)
- Powdered Sugar, optional
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, line a couple baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2) In a bowl, add the cream cheese, lemon zest, sugar, vanilla and egg yolk. Whisk together so you have a nice smooth mixture and set aside.
3) In another bowl, add the strawberries, sugar, corn starch and lemon juice and set that aside for a few minutes as well.
4) Dust some flour on your work surface, and working with one piece of puff pastry at a time, roll it out slightly with a rolling pin until it’s 10” square all around.
5) Cut 4 squares out of each sheet of puff pastry and working quickly (so the puff pastry doesn’t start sticking to your counter) dollop about 2 tsp of the cream cheese mixture in the center of each one, top that with 1 tsp of the preserves and then 1 tablespoon of the fresh strawberry mixture.
7) Brush the edges of each square with the egg wash, fold one side over to seal (it should look like a triangle) dip a fork into some flour and seal the edges.
8) Brush the top with the egg wash as well and make a tiny little slit at the top of each one with a sharp knife.
9) Bake them for about 25 minutes or until golden brown, making sure to rotate the baking sheets half way through baking for even cooking.
10) Let them cool for a few minutes then dust them with powdered sugar and enjoy!