Watch on YouTube | You're Watching Episode: 375
More Laura in the Kitchen Recipes:
1 ½ cups of All Purpose Flour
½ cup of Unsalted Butter, at room Temperature
1 tsp of Baking Powder
¼ tsp of Salt
3/4 cup of Strawberries, roughly chopped for the batter
Zest and Juice of 1 Orange
1 cup of Granulated Sugar
1 cup of Fresh Strawberries, chopped in little pieces
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, line a 12 piece muffin tin with liners and set aside.
2) In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
3) Using a blender or an emersion blender, puree the one cup of the strawberries, pass it through a sieve and set aside.
4) In a small bowl, toss together the remaining 1 cup of chopped strawberries with about ¼ cup of the flour mixture, set those aside as well.
5) In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and eggs, add the orange zest and juice and the strawberry puree. Whisk it all together to combine well.
6) Add in the flour mixture and mix it just enough to incorporate everything together but making sure to not over mix.
7) Fold in the chopped strawberry and flour mixture.
8) Using a large ice cream scoop, fill the muffin tin.
9) Bake them for 20 to 22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
10) Let them cool completely!